Thursday, August 20, 2009

Camping in Canada

So after a little stay in Boise I flew from Boise to Canada to see Tarene and Lane. I try to go to Canada every year, but I missed last summer so Tarene made me go this year since I am jobless. So the second day I get there we decide to go on a camping adventure. They bought a little camper and I looked at the map and picked out a spot to go to. I wanted to go to Manitoba because I have never been there before. Here are the pictures to see how the adventure unfolded - and more to come when Tarene sends me the pictures from her camera.

So here is how we had to pull the camper.......oh my. I was seriously dying about this. People were staring at us so bad. It was for sure a sight.......especially when Lane added the canoe on top of the car. Wow..........what a sight.


So here is the little camper the three of us stayed in (four people later in the trip). I was going to die of claustrophobia, but at least a bear was not going to eat us.


Ya...ya...ya I know what you are all thinking???? Rape and Honey???? Well I was told that Rape is a type of seed.....so this town has a lot of seed and honey.....but notice how funny it is how there is a crime stoppers sign below....LOL!



Lane fishing at the lake where his cabin is.


Our camping spot in Manitoba (there is a big river to the side of it). That night we were all sitting around the campfire and we heard a big splash in the river......instantly me and Tarene looked at each other and she yelled "Bear".....we immediately took off running to inside the camper and started yelling and laughing because we did not even think twice about running. The boys were still sitting outside all cool and they say....come out girls it was a raccoon...we were like no that was something bigger. They said "well whatever it was, it and everything else was scared away by all the yelling and screaming you guys just did."


No comments: